How much do adult turkeys go for?

MillersFarm

Easily distracted by Chickens
5 Years
Jun 3, 2016
Lewiston NY
I've got a guy who wants to buy a royal palm hen and 4 day old royal poults from me, But i'm not entirely sure how much to sell them for. I was thinking $6 each for the poults but i've got no idea on how much to sell the hen for.. Is $40 too much or too little? She's a little over a year old so she's pretty young and laying as well..

I've got a guy who wants to buy a royal palm hen and 4 day old royal poults from me, But i'm not entirely sure how much to sell them for. I was thinking $6 each for the poults but i've got no idea on how much to sell the hen for.. Is $40 too much or too little? She's a little over a year old so she's pretty young and laying as well..
What you can get for an adult Royal Palm hen depends entirely on the supply and demand in your neighborhood. For me, where I am $40 would be high but in a different area it might be too low. If you and your customer are satisfied with $40 then it is a good price.

I sold day old Royal Palm poults for $12 each with no problems last year. Six dollars is far too little for heritage poults. You should ask at least $10 each for the poults.

They are just pets, I don't breed turkeys for looks or size. I sold the guy the hen for $48 and the poults for $8 each, I'll go higher next batch for the poults, I've seen prices on craigslist go for $40-75 for adults but I didn't want to be too expensive. Think i'll stick with $40 for adults and $10 for poults, Thank you for the replies~

They are just pets, I don't breed turkeys for looks or size. I sold the guy the hen for $48 and the poults for $8 each, I'll go higher next batch for the poults, I've seen prices on craigslist go for $40-75 for adults but I didn't want to be too expensive. Think i'll stick with $40 for adults and $10 for poults, Thank you for the replies~

Full grown already layin hens and full grown toms go for $50-$100 here. Day or two old poults usually go for $10-$20 and two month olds to six month olds go for $25-$45. That is just in my area. Turkeys are not easy to find here... heritages. All the feed stores carry is bb.

I just paid $9.99 each for poults of "Hatchery Choice" at the local farm store. The poults were in the store less than 24 hours when I purchased. There were several white poults that I avoided (looking for heritage meat) and didn't want to get Palm'd. I bought the minimum of six and considered myself lucky. They were all gone except for two white poults the next time I went in (three days after my purchase).

I paid $12 each for 3 bourbon red poults that were 10 days old back in mid-May. I live in Central Florida and this year it's been hard finding heritage turkeys close to me for less than $12 for poults. $15 was the going rate of many first hatch heritage poults this year. Royal Palms are kind of a different market and much more readily available in these parts, but still go for $10 each with the occasional $8.

Mc Murray hatchery sell day old for almost $18.00. Full grown hen is worth more than a Tom. Sold mine in Minnesota for $50

Back
Top Bottom