how much do you charge for your eggs?

I have a "waiting list" of people willing to pay $3.50/doz for the blue/green eggs we'll get from our Ameraucanas!
big_smile.png
Also, have a lady that LOVES the " real dark brown farm eggs" and she would gladly pay $5/doz for them! I gotta get me some Marans!
tongue.png

We living in Lancaaster county have AMish all around that sell 2 dozen for like35 cents!, but people still say they would rather buy fresh eggs from me then THEM
big_smile.png

i think I'm going to stick to free eggs to the neighbors to beg them to let me keep the chickens, and to top it off we got new neighbors that are moving in so ....
smile.png
got to beg them to keep them, i can see it now......

Me: HELLO NEIGHBORS HOW ARE YOU!!!!
Them: good how are you.
me: good.
them: what do you got there???
me:eggs,..... you want some they came from my chickens in the backyard you want to see them they are very nice and quiet........PLEASE PLEASE LET ME KEEP THEM ILL GIVE YOU EGGS FOR AS LONG AS I OR YOU LIVE HERE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

lol well i hope the homeowners association doesn't find out about them.
sad.png

ill lose to them and they could foreclose on my house.
sad.png

I get 1.00 a dozen, again we live in a rural area where lots of people have eggs to sell, so I am just happy to get rid of them since I have more chickens than I need:D

HI, If anyone is interested...

a half dozen organic free range Hen eggs sell for £1.60 in the UK..thats $6.46 a dozen in US and they must be fertile, graded and producer stamped for re-sale.

So you can tell your customers they are getting a great deal compared with UK folks!

Footnote: A 9 year old boy bought a half doz in a Supermarket and managed to hatch all six in a shoe box by the water heater!

Cheers

Last edited:
Well,
I have not even had my first eggs yet and plan to give several to ladies at church.
Then sell some, ( it I ever have some).
I was telling a local farmer about my plans and she let me know real quick that all the people at the farmer's market sell their eggs for $3.00 a dozen.......She asked me several questions about my chickens and I told her I wanted to get a couple more and she asked me why?????.......So now I feel like she was pressureing me to not sell them for less than $3.00/dozen......

You can sell them for what ever you want. Maybe they are afraid you'll take their business? I am thinking of upping my price to 3.50 a dozen since I'm starting to not even break even again with the increases in feed prices.

Back
Top Bottom