How much do you charge per dozen? And location

Southern Ontario, Canada - it's pretty common around here that backyard eggs go for $5 or $6 for a dozen, same as the farm stands. Even the factory farmed eggs in the grocery store aren't $3, you should all charge more imo.
Most of my customers are elderly people on fixed incomes. Times are tough right now and fortunately I am able to keep my prices low enough to help out a few people and also ease some of the out of pocket cost of feed and bedding for our flock. I’m not trying to get rich. Just enjoying the “homestead” life and help out some people.

I had so many sis offered some to folks she works with if they supplied the carton. We gave away like 8 dozen but when they asked how much she charged she said we just take donations. One lady gave $5 another $3. Walmart is selling here for $5 doz. I told her next time tell them $3 doz. We are in eastern n.c. not a big place so not many can afford even the ones in store. I don't mind helping out folks when I can. I checked my receipts and the food I get has only gone up about $1 in a year .I think that's pretty good.

West Tn Walmart is at $5.59 a dozen.
I give mine away and my girls are very well taken care of and want for nothing.
I have 7 hens and get 4-8 eggs a day. We don't eat many eggs and the chickens laying is a side effect from having chickens.
To those claiming that people that sell eggs cheap are neglecting their chickens have no basis to accuse anyone. It's just the fact that you are doing it for profit, and many here are doing it for the love of chickens, fun or charity.

I am finally getting lots of eggs again and will be selling them locally in the neighborhood. I feed non gmo feeds, and I have a large yard for my chickens fenced in. Not exactly “free range” but close enough for me. I’m wondering how much to charge per dozen this year. Egg prices are crazy but that doesn’t mean I want to price gouge too. This varies with location so please share with me your locations and price per dozen! Thanks!
$3.00 These people are my neighbors. I'm on a dirt road and only locals go by.
If it were otherwise, I'd charge $4.

I would look at what your grocery store is charging for their cheapest dozen & set your price at that as a minimum. Your free range, well-loved chickens are worth much more than the store eggs.
I’ve been told by my neighbors who i give free eggs to that they taste much more fragrant and tasty, so they use store bought ones for baking. Definitely worth more!

Back
Top Bottom