How much should I handle my 3 month old silkies?

moonsafari

Songster
Jul 25, 2020
Vienna, VA
I just acquired two 3-month-old Silkie pullets today, and so far they’re very sweet and are fine with being held. Both like to sleep on my lap.

I’m very attached to them and usually like to hold my other chickens for at least 5-10 minutes a day, for about 15 or more times a day 😁 So would it be fine if I held them just as much or more, and would that stress them out at all?

I just acquired two 3-month-old Silkie pullets today, and so far they’re very sweet and are fine with being held. Both like to sleep on my lap.

I’m very attached to them and usually like to hold my other chickens for at least 5-10 minutes a day, for about 15 or more times a day 😁 So would it be fine if I held them just as much or more, and would that stress them out at all?
They will love it! Keep at it so they stay cuddly and tame. 🧸

It won't stress them out they will probably love all that attention i know mine do and they are 5 1/2mths my daughter and I hold our flock like that every day i found her earlier sitting on the roost in the batchler pad playing music on her phone with one of our newest members of the coop Cloud Jumper and she was talking to him and petting him swinging her feet and Cloud Jumper was just sitting next to her looking at her like she was the only one in the world and what she was saying ment everything it was so sweet i wish I could have gotten a picture

Back
Top Bottom