How much sugar to use with denagard?

Anyone is welcome to comment, but I have done it that way for years, and it seems to work. If no one else knows, you could try contacting the manufacturer to see. I don't see anything on the bottle that says that. It's expensive so yeah, if you DO have to mix it every morning, I would definitely do half a waterer's worth. I'm curious to find out for sure.

I'll ask my friend who is a poultry expert, and see what he says. I mean, our flock drinks at least a gallon and usually more every day, so we're mixing it fresh from the stock solution anyway at least every day or two, but not making fresh stock solution every day. That would be expensive!

I haven't heard back from him yet. If it worries you, you could make fresh every day, or every other day, and just do half a waterer at a time. How many birds do you have??

I know this is an old thread, but in case anyone happens upon it from searching Corid dosage, I wanted to add what I found on the Corid 9.6% liquid oral solution bottle- it says the prepared “drench”, which is also just water mixed with Corid, can be stored in a closed container for 3 days, so I’m going to go with just mixing about what they’ll drink a few days at a time.

Cranberry juice works; really, anything does; grape, orange, punch, whatever. I just like to use apple or apple mix juices because they don't taint the water a strange color, and the birds seem to like the apple juice the best.

For 12.5 % Denagard, the dosage is: 8 Tablespoons Denagard to 1 1/2 C water to make your stock solution. Then, you take 2 tablespoons of the Stock solution, and mix that with your plain gallon of water that also has the Karo and juice in it. That's the preventative dose. For TREATMENT dose, use 4 tablespoons Stock solution to 1 gallon of water, juice, and Karo. Also, you can probably use plain white sugar too, but I wouldn't use brown.

Don't use any more Denagard than that, or if you have a different strength, then best to ask a vet or the Mfgr or someone what the dose should be, because Denagard can be toxic if used improperly.

If you have MS or MG in your flock, you need to keep up with the preventative treatments. We use it every 4 to 9 weeks, 5 to 14 days at a time, usually 7 days is plenty. You just kind of have to use your judgment about how much to give and for how long.

We get ours from firststate vet supply.
I know this is an older thread, but can I give Denagard to my mixed flock of chickens and ducks? They are housed together but only my chickens are having the respiratory symptoms. Since I have no way to separate them, I would like to also treat the ducks so they don’t get sick.

I know this is an older thread, but can I give Denagard to my mixed flock of chickens and ducks? They are housed together but only my chickens are having the respiratory symptoms. Since I have no way to separate them, I would like to also treat the ducks so they don’t get sick.
Cranberry juice works; really, anything does; grape, orange, punch, whatever. I just like to use apple or apple mix juices because they don't taint the water a strange color, and the birds seem to like the apple juice the best.

For 12.5 % Denagard, the dosage is: 8 Tablespoons Denagard to 1 1/2 C water to make your stock solution. Then, you take 2 tablespoons of the Stock solution, and mix that with your plain gallon of water that also has the Karo and juice in it. That's the preventative dose. For TREATMENT dose, use 4 tablespoons Stock solution to 1 gallon of water, juice, and Karo. Also, you can probably use plain white sugar too, but I wouldn't use brown.

Don't use any more Denagard than that, or if you have a different strength, then best to ask a vet or the Mfgr or someone what the dose should be, because Denagard can be toxic if used improperly.

If you have MS or MG in your flock, you need to keep up with the preventative treatments. We use it every 4 to 9 weeks, 5 to 14 days at a time, usually 7 days is plenty. You just kind of have to use your judgment about how much to give and for how long.

We get ours from firststate vet supply.

Back
Top Bottom