How much water does a duck drink in one day?

Jenbirdee

Expecting Miracles
Premium Feather Member
Aug 9, 2020
Maryland
I might try and experiment to find out. I have 13 ducks I will have to take away their swim pools for a day and measure how much water I put in drinking buckets in AM and then measure how much is left after they go to bed. Problem is they spill out a lot of water when they dunk their heads in they will even splash it out onto themselves.
So how much water does a duck drink in one day? I have 4 runner ducks and 8 regular size ducks and 1 large duck (silver appleyard) Is it possible to figure this out?

If I use Aquasol dewormer (for giardia) Im supposed to only give as much water as they will drink in a day . which might be impossible or cruel to do that they wouldnt be able to clean their bills. for 5 days. so is it even possible to use safeguard Aquasol for ducks. I bought a small portion on ebay (big jug waaayyy to expensive)

If you figure it out let us know. I cut holes in the top of my water bucket lids so they can't really bathe in them they can just stick their heads in get a drink and wash off their faces.
May I ask Why did you do that? Have you given them medicines in water before? Aquasol safeguard?

When I used Safeguard for Goats I did put it in their water but it's been so long ago i don't remember how much I used.
And I have some wormer now that goes into their water. it's called wormer plus powder it contains OXfendazole and praziquantel it says 1 teaspoon per gallon for 3-4 days then again 25 days later, change water daily. It was a waste of money since it's a small bag and I have 27 birds to worm. So I am back to Molly's herbals.

I might try and experiment to find out. I have 13 ducks I will have to take away their swim pools for a day and measure how much water I put in drinking buckets in AM and then measure how much is left after they go to bed. Problem is they spill out a lot of water when they dunk their heads in they will even splash it out onto themselves.
So how much water does a duck drink in one day? I have 4 runner ducks and 8 regular size ducks and 1 large duck (silver appleyard) Is it possible to figure this out?

If I use Aquasol dewormer (for giardia) Im supposed to only give as much water as they will drink in a day . which might be impossible or cruel to do that they wouldnt be able to clean their bills. for 5 days. so is it even possible to use safeguard Aquasol for ducks. I bought a small portion on ebay (big jug waaayyy to expensive)
I read somewhere that they drink up to a half gallon a day each...yes! Like Miss Lydia said, I cut holes in my drinking containers for them. Some spills and drips off their faces but it’s the best method I’ve found this far.

Back
Top Bottom