how often do buff orpingtons go broody

I have one BO that acts broody all through summer!
barnie.gif
She'll come off the nest when I go out with food and treats and will stay out as long as I am there, but when I go out, she runs back to the nest. I think she's scared of the rooster
hide.gif

My other two BOs only went broody once and gave up.

Mine has been broody for about three weeks. It sucks becuase she has no eggs, I have to force her to leave the enclosure to eat, and get exercise. IDK what to do with her. I work during the day, so my options are limited. I only have one enclosure. Good luck with yours.

I have 3 BO's that are driving me BONKERS!!! Seems like one of them is always broody...I have one right now and I'm going to stick a few eggs under her tomorrow. Seems like the older they get, the more broody they get! It's annoying sometimes, cause they will stop laying while broody too! I will not be getting anymore:barnie I can't tell you how many times I've had to break them of the brood.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I have a 9 month old BO that went broody today. I hope it lasts. I was wondering who could sit on the peafowl eggs I've been wanting to get.
smile.png

some chickens dont even go broody there whole life if i were you i think you should get an incubator

I had 2 BO's, 3 now (one is a chick raised by a BO) she was 2 when she went broody and im hoping she will go broody again this year. She was a great mother, she struggled to cover 12 LF eggs i think its because her nest was small so she struggled to spread out. I took 2 eggs away and she happily at on 10 :)

Back
Top Bottom