How the heck... quail CAME BACK after THREE MONTHS!

someusername

Songster
Aug 6, 2018
In a house
One evening, I stupidly opened the coop door a bit while it was outside, to refill water. Kelsey, probably the fastest bird in the world, got out. Couldn't find where she went.

"What the..."

Three months later, she came back!! I have no idea how she found me. I found her under the patio stairs. Is this a miracle or somethin? Definitely her, feathers look the same, and she even recognized a roo! Looked like skin n' bones.

Last edited:
One evening, I stupidly opened the coop door a bit while it was outside, to refill water. Kelsey, probably the fastest bird in the world, got out. Couldn't find where she went.

"What the..."

Three months later, she came back!! I have no idea how she found me. I found her under the patio stairs. Is this a miracle or somethin?
WHOA!

Do any of your neighbors know you have quail? The only other explanation that even possibly makes sense, and it's really remote, is that someone has had her all this time, and returned her. But that's REALLY far-fetched. Nah. I'm going with "miracle/ natural instincts," lol. Instinct might have brought her back to the general area, but it's a miracle she's still alive (one) and that you happened to spot her (two). Yeah, miracle. Cool! 😀

Do any of your neighbors know you have quail? The only other explanation that even possibly makes sense, and it's really remote, is that someone has had her all this time, and returned her. But that's REALLY far-fetched. Nah. I'm going with "miracle/ natural instincts," lol. Instinct might have brought her back to the general area, but it's a miracle she's still alive (one) and that you happened to spot her (two). Yeah, miracle. Cool! 😀

Nope, we live in the suburbs and people don't even know what quail are.

Back
Top Bottom