How to be a duck conservationist

annarogetta

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 29, 2014
Holden Massachusetts
Hi, I am curious on how and ways to conserve certain breeds of ducks.
I am currently looking to help conserve swedish ducks and possibly magpies in the near future. I don't want to be excessive and own couple hundreds of ducks, but enough where I can help contribute to growing a breed.

It's obvious that you need the land, water, food and shelter resources for them, but do you need to market yourself to other breeders, and other business and people to help the breed, and if so, how can you go about it.

Or if anyone is a duck conservationist, it would be really helpful to share how you do it and what you do.
I would just naturally look on the internet about it, which I did, but there wasn't any good information on how to personally conserve domestic duck breeds.

I also want this to be a helpful forum for other people who are looking to do this or something similar to this, so more questions are helpful too

Last edited:
I can get you in touch with my breeder, Dan Jerome. Call ducks nearly went extinct after they were outlawed for hunting purposes, but a few breeders kept the lines alive, and now they're quite popular! I bet he'd know a thing or two about breeding rare birds. :) Someday I hope to continue the tradition!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom