How to choose between my roosters?

chicken pickin

Crowing
9 Years
Mar 3, 2012
I have never had a rooster before but we have always wanted one. So I figured the best way to ease myself into the idea of one was to not go get a rooster but tobuy chicks straight run and just see what happens. SO a few weeks ago I bought 4 japanese bantams and as it turns out I ended up with 1 hen and 3 roos. So now how do I decide which one to keep? Should I hang on to all of them for a while so I can see how there personalities develope? They are about 8 weeks old. I have a favorite(not his looks he is not the prettiest) but he is friendly flys to everyones shoulder and seems to be sweet natured. The other too seem sweet also but dont want to be held nor do they perch on people. My other question is Should I let my hen choose? I know that sounds silly But she seems to have a favorite she perches side by side with him every night while the other 2 roos are perched else where. At what age do you think Ill know who out of the 3 is the better roo for her and for our very kid friendly family? Sorry for all the questions and thatnks for any advice you all have.

Back
Top Bottom