HOW TO CONTROL THE STUPID FLYS!!!!!!!

xfilesnumber1fan

Songster
11 Years
Nov 24, 2008
Missouri
My ducks are clean the pool is clean but flys are everywhere???? I have fly traps hanging things that are to repel the flys but I cant get rid of them...They are those stupid green flys too.....What else can be done!!

Buy some fly predators. You can find them on the internet. If properly managed they do a great job of keeping the fly population at manageable levels. They won't do anything about the adult flies you have. They attack the pupae and keep them from hatching.

This is great info!
smile.png
Never heard of this but will definately try it.

I googled!!

Regarding the science behind zip log bags of water? My research found that each of the millions of molecules of water presents its own prism effect and given that flies have a lot of eyes, to them it’s like a zillion disco balls reflecting light, colors and movement in a dizzying manner. When you figure that flies are basically prey for many other bugs, animals, birds, etc., they simply won’t take the risk of being around that much perceived action. I moved to a rural area ant thought these “hillbillies” were just yanking my city boy chain but I tried it, worked immediately! We went from hundreds of flies to seeing the occasional one, but he don’t hang around long.

Quote:
This is what I use also. It attracts the flies into the bag and they can't get out. I have one hanging under my Juvie coops. For osme reason they waste so much food and it has rained so much lately it has attracted tons of flies.

Back
Top Bottom