HOW TO DEAL WITH A MEAN ROOSTER

If you are planning on keeping a cockerel for any purpose, he either needs to be naturally deferential toward humans or he needs to be trained and disciplined. If neither is practical, he needs to be eaten.

I tried everything and the only thing that worked for me was a piece of oak about 4ft long and I chased him for about 20 minutes beating his tail feathers every chance I got and now I can go into the coop walk around the barn yard and the rooster goes to the opposite end and stays far away unless I have treats then he comes around me.
Really hate to eat him,but time will tell...

We had a mean rooster, past tense. He went after my wife one time too many and I culled him that evening at roost time. Amazingly, the flock has been a lot more relaxed since his removal, I guess he was bullying more than I realized. We do still have 2 roosters, a Bantam Brahma and a Welsummer. The Welsummer will challenge occasionally but, quickly falls in line, the Brahma has been friendly. As long as they keep their attitudes in check and don't oversex the hens, they can stay but, after dispatching this one and seeing the results, I won't have another jerk.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom