Votes: 1 100.0%
  • how to get rid of chicken lice

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BEEDiAMOND88777

In the Brooder
Nov 12, 2015
I have one chicken that i cept in the same coop as my turkeys. (they are seperated) and i figer out that my chicken has lice! do my turkeys have lice now? and how do i get rid of it without useing garden dust or cemicel lice killer? i need to know fast! after checking my birds for lice i saw 2 lice on my hands! dose that mean i have lice now? and will bird lice go on other animals?

Neem oil.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0012...71&sr=8-8&pi=AC_SX110_SY165&keywords=neem+oil

That's the best value, and the one in my coop...

You'll need about an oz per gallon of water and add a couple drops of dish soap (dawn works great).

Then spray down coop, roosts, and nesting boxes. Get the birds with a rag with it soaked in... Be aware, it smells funky ;) not BAD, but funky lol...

No withdrawal time for eggs, no toxic chemicals, all natural and organic :)

I have one chicken that i cept in the same coop as my turkeys. (they are seperated) and i figer out that my chicken has lice! do my turkeys have lice now? and how do i get rid of it without useing garden dust or cemicel lice killer? i need to know fast! after checking my birds for lice i saw 2 lice on my hands! dose that mean i have lice now? and will bird lice go on other animals?

Bird lice tend not to move on to other animals. They will go on them but not harm them. You can use Citric acid or sulfur. Easiest and cheapest things that carry those is Garlic Powder and onions contain sulfur. Orange juice, Lemon juice and lime juice contain citric acid. If you get straight sulfur I know for a fact it kills the bugs on contact. I've seen it happen and it's amazing how fast it works but I can't remember where to get it. It was when I was in 4-H the poultry director showed the 4-H kids what sulfur does to lice, ticks, mites, and fleas.

I read from another post that you can use Diatomaceous Earth. Its harmless and will keep several bugs, mites, and lice off your chickens and roosters. You can mix it with some sand and they can dirt bath in it. You can also use it in your run. I would not use it in the coop. Seven gardening powder works very well to and you can use it in the coop and nesting boxes as well as sprinkle it on your flock directly..

I hope this is helpful

one more thing is the chickens dont realy have dusting places...

It's important that birds have dust bathing areas. The dust and small rocks will sometimes scratch these annoying pests off them or keep the pest population in control. It also helps remove old oils on their feathers.

Back
Top Bottom