how to get your roo to eat out of your hand

Miss Lydia

~Gift of God ~ Eternal Life ~John 3:16-17
Premium Feather Member
14 Years
Oct 3, 2009
Mountains of Western N.C.
I just bought for my chickens freeze dried meal worms, as a suggestion from seismic wonder 2 to help win the affection of a little frizzle banty that had be ruffed up by some rhode island reds, when i got her she wouldn't have anything to do with any of my chickens or me she was very tramatized, but since getting the meal worms not only has she started coming around but my rooster rufus a banty/game mix is now eating out of my hand which is much better than what i've heard some roosters do to their owners, so I now know that the way to a rooster heart is the same as for a man through his stomach;)

lol.png
very true. I think thats the way to all chicken hearts!

I have one that pecks your hand, too. Or if you are working in the coop and she thinks you are ignoring her, she pecks on your leg until you give her some attention. They are SO much fun! Lynn

Mine are so used to people giving them peanuts that they will sneak up behind people who are sitting in lawn chairs, and stick their heads right in people's pockets to see if they can find any.

I didn't know when I got mine that they were going to be so naughty. Yesterday I left the shed door open and Derek the hen got in and dragged a little bag of maize out then proceeded to tear it to bits! I had to rescue her before she ate the plastic too

Back
Top Bottom