How to hatch call ducklings? ***Updated questions!****

So I received my eggs today (a dozen + 1 extra) and most of them have detached air cells. What exactly should I do? Thanks.

So I received my eggs today (a dozen + 1 extra) and most of them have detached air cells. What exactly should I do? Thanks.
Place your eggs in cartons with pointy end down for 24 hours then move the entire carton into the incubator. DO NOT turn for 3-4 days. After 3-4 days, turn by tilting the end or side of the carton only. Do not use an auto turner for damaged air cells. Sometimes they will reattach, sometimes they don't, but this gives them the best chances. If air cells look stable at lockdown eggs can be laid on their sides for hatch (I lay them down no matter what). If they still look wobbly you can leave them in the cartons, but watch very closely during hatch to make sure none pip too low on the egg & the cartons don't interfere with hatching.

Thank you! I'm not actually sure what kind of air cells they have. Can I post a pic/video and you fellow BYCers be able to tell me?

I tried to get pictures but my camera wouldn't detect the air cell. I also noticed that some of my air cells have big dip-downs on one side of the egg also with the air cell at the big end of the egg.

Let them settle 24 hours before setting. The wonky shaped air cells are caused by rough handling & are an indicator of trauma to the eggs. I would start them out in cartons & candle at day 3 to check air cells before beginning to turn.

Back
Top Bottom