how to hatch different eggs together

chika10

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jun 18, 2012
i don't know how to word this,but i need some help. i'm thinking about buying some more hatching eggs online. the listing is for 6+ bantam mix eggs
jumpy.gif
. it's a mix of eggs from an assortment of bantams. serama,silkie,d'uccle,seabright, frizzle, and cochins. this listing has every type of chicken i want. so heres the question. how do i hatch them all together. would that work? wouldn't they all have different humidity and hatch days. i have hatched chicks before from eggs bought online,but i hatched button quails not bantams.
i was thinking of possibly averaging out the hatch date, but the humidity im left with.is it possible to hatch them all together? thanks.

Speak with your seller first for advice, but 21 days should be the normal hatch for time for these. Your hatching will depend on accuracy of the thermometer and of course upon the egg! Hope this was helpful. Have a blessed day! Farmer Nancy

From my experience, all of those have about a 21 day hatch cycle...and had some go as long as 24 days.
Remember that when buying hatch eggs offline, there are going to be many that will not hatch or make it (rate of hatching percent goes down when you buy them off line and not using your own fresh laid eggs).
I Have ALL bantams and silkies...and hatch several breeds at one time. Most of the time I let my broody hen sit on the eggs (and she does great with them)....but I have had to put some in a bator before too.

thanks i will definetley try 21 days,but do you know what humidity. would it be like the quails 50-70%

Yes, the standard for all chickens is 21 days. If tempatures are perfect, bantams can hatch a day earilier while large breeds are known for hatching a day later, but all the bantams should hatch during that 20-21 days. And remember hatch date depends on your tempature. If it's a degree cooler throughout incubation, then they may hatch later and it's it's a degree warmer, they may hatch sooner. If it's a still air incubator it should be kept at 101.5 degrees, and if it's forced air, it should be kept at 99.5 degrees. Standard humidity is 50% the first 18 days and 70% the last 3. I personally have more luck with 35% the first 18 days and 65% for the last 3. It depends on your area and what works for you, I had a few chicks that drowned in there eggs because of the 50% / 70% humidity. There are pictures of air cell development on google images, print one out thats for chickens. That way you can compare the air cells sizes to tell if you humidity is right. If the cells are too big, you should turn humidity up, if they are too small, you should trun the humidity down. Here's an example of a photo, though I believe the air cell should even be a bit bigger by day 18.

thank so much! i did better with a bit higher humidity on my last hatch and im probably going to do 45-50% and raise to 65-70% sometimes humidity tends to fluctuate.

Back
Top Bottom