How to limit crowing

Days poultry

In the Brooder
May 19, 2016
Hi my roosters have been crowing so much for the past week and i have no idea why they never this noisy can anyone please help me

Hmm, I don't really think there is a way to control crowing. Is he alone? Having some ladies to be with might help.

Hi my roosters have been crowing so much for the past week and i have no idea why they never this noisy can anyone please help me

I found a "no crow collar" online. My roosters weren't happy at first but it helped make the volume of the crow . It doesn't make so they don't crow. And they were both able to eat and drink and do everything a rooster does happily.

Knowing more about the situation might garner a viable solution or at least an explanation.
How many 'roosters'?
How many females?
How old are they all?
How are they all housed?
My first thought is, multiple males create an environment of competition.....all the crowing could just them all striving for vocal dominance.

Theres at least 50 hens and six roosters but i have had six roosters for four years now and they have never been so noise until two weeks ago

Theres at least 50 hens and six roosters but i have had six roosters for four years now and they have never been so noise until two weeks ago
Could be spring is in the air, the hormones are flowing, and the males are trying to gather their harems....
.....or something could be alarming them, a predator lurking perhaps.

Okay thanks but its almost autumn here in south africa so doubt its that they stay peacefully with my dogs and cats

Back
Top Bottom