how to locate poultry butcher in Indiana

henspa4fun

Hatching
8 Years
Feb 12, 2011
SW Fort Wayne IN
I have experience culling my birds, but we recently moved more suburban than rural, and I don't think the neighbors would appreciate butchering in their back yards. I tried some internet searches including the IN poultry association which had a recommendation for your site. I purchase my organic feed 90 miles away, I am hoping to find someplace closer that could process same day then I don't have to return later for pick=up. We are north east IN. Can anyone recommend how to locate a poultry processing facility?

welcome-byc.gif
If you were looking for a good excuse to not have to process your own chickens, I'm about to spoil your fun.
wink.png

There's really no reason why you cannot process chickens even in a suburban setting, it doesn't create a lot of noise or smell that would concern your neighbors. Unless they're the extremely nosey type there's no reason why they should even know what you're doing. Or you could do some/all of the work indoors, other folks have described how they've done it that way.

there's also Pletchers Poultry Processing 66786 County Road 17
Goshen, IN 46526-9216
(574) 831-2329

I've never used them but they are cheaper than Martins

Do you get your Organic feed at Honeyville Feed in Topeka?? That's were we get ours.

Oops, sorry, just noticed you said north EAST Indiana. This info won't be of much help for you.

This Old Farm in Colfax processes birds. Also, if you are close to Lafayette, Buckles carries organic feed.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom