How to make friendly chicks

GlowBean

Chirping
Dec 16, 2023
Pa, United states
Hello! I have a few random tips that I found out myself on how to make your chicks more friendly, particularly roosters! Before we begin I will be saying pullets & cockeriels. Cockerels are baby roosters & pullets are baby hens. Let's get started! 1: Hand feed them, that is one of the best ways I've learned to teach them to be friendly and the reason why this is good is because it teaches them I'm not a threat. The baby chicks that we have now are 3 1/2 months old right now. 2: Pick them up randomly, this is a bit surprising to me though my chicks are starting to learn on being picked up is alright, though the funny thing is, is that they're tolerating it, which is normal, if they want to be let down, put them down on the ground (gently). I also have an update! We might be able to keep Shotgun (Our cockerel) though if he's loud and aggressive we are going to be killing him and feeding him to the dog, if he's loud & gentle were going to be rehoming him, though we might be able to keep him because (I don't know if this is correct) it's quite rare, though sometimes roosters won't crow in their whole life. That would be really awesome if he doesn't crow much or at all. Anyways! Stay hydrated & stay safe!

if he's loud and aggressive we are going to be killing him and feeding him to the dog
valley of death.jpg

Good points.

Another thing is if one has a brooder that is on the floor, try to put it on a table or make one that's about waist height. Baby chicks who are on the floor see us hovering over them and then comes "the hand."

Back
Top Bottom