How to raise poultry with neighbors?

I love watching my birds roost and forage from a distance.

It is not humane to cage a guineafowl. They are active gamebirds and need to excercise their legs and wings. They aint broiler chickens to be caged up. They are a free range bird.
If you build a big enough pen, they can get plenty of exercise and it’s not cruel at all. No one is advocating sticking them in a 2 foot by 2 foot dark box 🤣😭

Last edited:
If you build enough pen, they can get plenty of exercise and it’s not cruel at all. No one is advocating sticking them in a 2 foot by 2 foot dark box 🤣😭
HOA does not allow big coops or cages for some reason..

Otherwise I would have my dream aviary with cockatoos, budgies, canaries, and stuff.. haha.

I would love to have an aviary, its been my dream ever since I was little, but no structures other than my shed is allowed to reach 8 feet in height.

My HOA is against tree houses.

They allowed my old chicken coop because it is far from my home and small enough to stay hidden behind my shed.

Rules for cats are often very different than rules for other kinds of animals.

Turkeys would would be poultry, and guineas would probably be considered poultry as well. Poultry are sometimes considered livestock and sometimes have separate rules of their own.

But if you did check, and they do not say anything about poultry or livestock, then I suppose that's as good as you can do about checking with the owner of the forest.
For County owned land, you're looking at the wrong section. Check out the section on disturbing Vegetation.

HOA does not allow big coops or cages for some reason..

Otherwise I would have my dream aviary with cockatoos, budgies, canaries, and stuff.. haha.

I would love to have an aviary, its been my dream ever since I was little, but no structures other than my shed is allowed to reach 8 feet in height.

My HOA is against tree houses.

They allowed my old chicken coop because it is far from my home and small enough to stay hidden behind my shed.
Then you shouldn’t really own them if you aren’t allowed to build the enclosure they need

For County owned land, you're looking at the wrong section. Check out the section on disturbing Vegetation.
Checked that already all it notes is that it is not allowed to cut live trees that are above a certain trunk width (forgot the number). Cutting saplings is allowed. Cutting dead trees and removing their stumps is allowed.

Its allowed to remove weeds and stuff.

Campfires in the forest is not allowed.

Yeah... ig as long as my guineas dont come by with chainsaws i guess Ill be fine.

Back
Top Bottom