How to shorten electric netting?

Why wouldn’t it be? It’s not a full on electric fence it’s electric poultry netting basically an electric dog fence which for sure is used all over the city.
My city is one of those which has an ordinance against fences taller than 6' high. So putting netting above the fence would probably be a no go in my location. But in reality, unless your neighbors are really nosy and nitpicky, you shouldn't get in trouble for it.... just something to look into and consider.

It might be easier to simply ask the neighbors or their landlord to move the trash cans, after all.

I probably didn’t make this clear. I’m not running this all around our property. We’ve created a free range area within our 1/4 acre fully fenced yard (6’ wood).
Ok sorry, I think I got it now. So you will be allowing the fox into your yard and then shocking it with the electric fence, right?

My city is one of those which has an ordinance against fences taller than 6' high. So putting netting above the fence would probably be a no go in my location. But in reality, unless your neighbors are really nosy and nitpicky, you shouldn't get in trouble for it.... just something to look into and consider.

It might be easier to simply ask the neighbors or their landlord to move the trash cans, after all.
There’s no netting above. The max height here is also 6’ but I’m not changing the height. We’ve just run netting inside our fenced yard creating a free range area inside of our yard.

Ok sorry, I think I got it now. So you will be allowing the fox into your yard and then shocking it with the electric fence, right?
Well hopefully it decides not to come back *fingers crossed* But in the chance it does we added protection for them. We also have raccoons, badgers etc so its a good overall predator deterrent

I see nobody has answered your gate question yet. With standard electric fences, a cable is run under the ground beneath the gate(if the gate is not electrified) or between the gate edges and the continuing fence if the gate is electrified. The buried cable jumps the voltage from one fence section to the next.

I see nobody has answered your gate question yet. With standard electric fences, a cable is run under the ground beneath the gate(if the gate is not electrified) or between the gate edges and the continuing fence if the gate is electrified. The buried cable jumps the voltage from one fence section to the next.
We’re actually using: https://www.premier1supplies.com/p/...MIu6nnr_W35AIVkYbACh2gLgxuEAQYASABEgJ-svD_BwE

So I’ve created a ‘gate’ just by tying the 2 end posts together and when we want to get in we just turn off the energizer, untie and walk on through!

We’re actually using: https://www.premier1supplies.com/p/...MIu6nnr_W35AIVkYbACh2gLgxuEAQYASABEgJ-svD_BwE

So I’ve created a ‘gate’ just by tying the 2 end posts together and when we want to get in we just turn off the energizer, untie and walk on through!
That works too! You may need to get a couple of the extra step-in posts (they are cheap) to help support the netting and prevent sagging. It may get grounded out on the coop or existing fencing you may have if it sags. Rain, snow loads, and wind don't help out in that situation haha

Back
Top Bottom