How to stop turning on R-Com 20 Pro?

galgo98

Songster
8 Years
May 9, 2011
Lebanon, Pennsylvania
I just got an older used R-Com 20 Pro (not USB). I am doing a test run with some chicken eggs. I tried to turn the turner off for the first 24 hours and it keeps coming back on. I am in manual mode and I press the "up" and "down" buttons at the same time. It says "off" and the display has the egg with a crack in it. However, when I check on it later, it is turning and the display has the turning egg on it. Does anybody know what am I doing wrong???
idunno.gif

Does it say somewhere on that link? Cause I don't see anything that answers my question. I have the manual, just wondering if anybody who owns one has had the same problem.

Oh I'm sorry. I don't have one never known anyone that did. I looked for an hour trying to find something to help. The instructions were all I found. I am electronicly challenged I wouldn't know were to begin . But if the fact that I couldn't answer your question even though I wanted to help is offensive to you then I aplogives

I didn't know if I was missing something in that link. I guess I should have said that I have read and re-read the manual, searched their website, emailed the company (in Korea) and I have googled it without any luck.
he.gif

According to the waterfowl incubation manual I've been using, I am not supposed to turn for the first 24 hours and of course, the last 3 days of incubation. I am planning on switching the eggs to a different incubator for lockdown and hatching anyway, but I'm trying to figure out how to bypass the turning for the first 24 hours.
idunno.gif

Hi, did you ever figure this out? I would go into Manual mode, Other Birds, then set the day down to Day 2 for the incubation period, because the incubator defaults to stop turning on Day 3. Then when you want it to start turning the eggs after a day, reset the incubator to the correct incubation period less the one day the eggs have already been in there without being turned. Little bit of a hassle but that's the only way I can figure out you would do it :)

Back
Top Bottom