Guide How to use bookmarks

CarpCharacin

Dilettante
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
7 Years
Aug 17, 2016
Before we upgraded the site, we had a bookmarks feature for posts, but it was only available to PFMs, and it had some limitations.

Now the new version of the software has a bookmarks feature that's built into the core, and we've opened it up to all members. The benefit of bookmarking things through BYC versus just using the browser bookmarks feature is that the bookmarks will stay connected to your account, no matter what device you are on.

To bookmark a post, or pretty much any other content type, look for this icon:
1579381229339.png

Clicking on it will add the bookmark to your account:
1579381262152.png

Sharing the bookmark will display it on your profile, and the message will show up when you view the bookmark. You can add labels to sort through multiple bookmarks.

To access bookmarks, click on your username at the top right corner of the site, and navigate to the Bookmarks tab.
1579381391700.png

Last edited:
This would be a big help if I could see the icon you're referring to, James. Perhaps it's only invisible to Azygous.
I just checked the permissions, and you do have permission to create bookmarks. Can you see the icon circled in the screenshot in my first post?

I just checked the permissions, and you do have permission to create bookmarks. Can you see the icon circled in the screenshot in my first post?
Okay, I found it. It's tiny, the same value as the color it's superimposed on, and it was invisible without a magnifying lens. It wouldn't have hurt to make your circle brighter and more prominent, but you know I just live to find fault and to criticize, so just ignore me.

Before we upgraded the site, we had a bookmarks feature for posts, but it was only available to PFMs, and it had some limitations.

Now the new version of the software has a bookmarks feature that's built into the core, and we've opened it up to all members. The benefit if bookmarking things through BYC instead of just using the browser bookmarks feature is that the bookmarks on BYC will stay connected to your account, no matter what device you are on.

To bookmark a post, or pretty much any other content type, look for this icon:
View attachment 2005534
Clicking on it will add the bookmark to your account:
View attachment 2005536
Sharing the bookmark will display it on your profile, and the message will show up when you view the bookmark. You can add labels to sort through multiple bookmarks.

To access bookmarks, click on your username at the top right corner of the site, and navigate to the Bookmarks tab.
View attachment 2005538

Thanks for the Guide James :thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom