How to use chlorhexidine

Devorah

Songster
Feb 28, 2022
Leyden, Massachusetts
My 10-month old rooster has an odd injury on his side: some missing feathers with exposed red skin. He’s eating, drinking and otherwise behaving normally. Thinking about applying chlorhexidine since it is an open wound. Will try posting pic tomorrow.

In the meantime, how do I apply chlorhexidine?

Is it diluted or undiluted? If already diluted you clean the wound like you would with peroxide, rubbing alcohol or any other wound disinfectant. You could put some on some gauze or a clean cloth to dab on the wound, use a syringe to flush it or sometimes if I’m lazy I have just dumped some on. If not diluted you will need to dilute according the the directions for the concentration and then apply.

Is it diluted or undiluted? If already diluted you clean the wound like you would with peroxide, rubbing alcohol or any other wound disinfectant. You could put some on some gauze or a clean cloth to dab on the wound, use a syringe to flush it or sometimes if I’m lazy I have just dumped some on. If not diluted you will need to dilute according the the directions for the concentration and then apply.
It’s undiluted.

Back
Top Bottom