How to use Safeguard liquid goat dewormer, and is it effective?

I asked the pros about this not too long ago and I saved the info in case I need it in the future. This is what they said.

"Fenbendazole – Safeguard liquid goat wormer dosage for chickens is 0.23ml per pound of weight. To treat roundworms - give once, then repeat in 10 days. For all the other types of worms Safeguard treats, give for 5 days in a row."

I've been using Valbazen in the past, but for some reason it just seemingly wasn't working at all.

Why wasnt the Valbazen working? Was the bottle expired? How did you administer it? Did you take before and after fecals to a vet?
I've been using it for years and it seems tapeworms are showing some resistance. However increased dosages, dosing times and withholding feed for 24 hours makes it a very effective wormer against tapeworms. That said, I prefer Equimax for tapeworms. Simply less to use and easier dosing.
I've seen no problems getting rid of all types of roundworms that poultry can get using Valbazen.
Keep in mind that Safeguard is in the same class of wormers as Valbazen, benzimidazoles.

Last edited:
I asked the pros about this not too long ago and I saved the info in case I need it in the future. This is what they said.

"Fenbendazole – Safeguard liquid goat wormer dosage for chickens is 0.23ml per pound of weight. To treat roundworms - give once, then repeat in 10 days. For all the other types of worms Safeguard treats, give for 5 days in a row."
[/QUOTE

Do you dilute the liquid Safeguard or is it given as is (concentrate) 0.23ml/pound?

Back
Top Bottom