How Trouble Maker Pain In My Butt got his name, and how my others got theirs.

lissasmomma1

Songster
Mar 17, 2021
Milton, Florida
When my Trouble make was about two months old. We called him just Trouble Maker as he was constantly getting into Trouble and annoying his siblings on purpose. But it all changed one day. My fiance had gone out to his coop, which the front of it is on the gate separating the front yard from the back, and it's a 10 X 14 coop. Well, no sooner had he opened the door, did Trouble Maker make a dash out the door, he ran all the way to the back door ran through the laundry room which was the room before the outside door. And to the garage bedroom door pecking it feverishly. I open it to look down And see him, as he Saunders in, and my fiance running through the doorway. Panting he ran straight to you!! I pick him up, and say, "aren't You the Lil Trouble Maker Pain In My Butt?" And that was it. His name Stuck. Now for my 3 girls, my white Leghorn Mix,Light Sussex Mix and my older Welsummer. My friend and I were playing wordington together. And my friend had MS so understanding her speech sometimes is difficult over the phone. So we would use my chickens names to distinguish what Letter she was saying. Well my friend and I realized I didn't have an I,U, or A named chicken. So I was outside asking my newly acquired girls what I should name them. Well I was staring at my light Sussex, and I was like you almost look like an icicle. I was like that's it. You'll be icicle Frost, because Icicles are frosty. Then I turned my attention to my Leghorn. She has a very smug attitude. And it reminded me of the sea hag from the little mermaid. So I named her Ursula Seashell. Because Ursula took Arials voice and put it in a seashell Around her neck. Then we have Chicken Dumpling, her bio cousin Chicken Pot Pie, and Chicken Tender Nike. I was talking to my BFF telling how I hoped one of the eggs my girl was sitting on would hatch. She said I got a great idea. I'm like OK what? She says you should name any chicken hatched on property Chicken something. Well ff and our Poppy Rose first clutch she only had one egg hatch. We had to bring her inside, due to the Temps and inexperienced parents. So I was talking to my fiance telling him how my brother said it better not be another Roo, as we have to many. And my fiance goes what, the Lil Dumpling? I said that's it, that's her name! As for Chicken Pot Pie we just knew before he was ever hatched it was the next name we were picking out. Lastly my surprise Chicken Tender Nike. She was a surprise as we thought none of my hens 28 eggs hatched. I was about to clean out the old eggs when out pops this positively adorable Lil Tender of a chick. Now my believe
 Brother wanted to name her Chicken fry, and my fiance wanted to name her Chicken Alfredo. But I told them no. She's a perfect Lil Chicken Tender. Now her name Nike got added after she impaled her Croup and Survived. Because Nike was aGreek goddess. Who's name meant victory or Victor. Which is why Nike the brand chose that name. She would Award the winners of fights with flowers Because they had victory over the other Gods. So Because Tender had victory and didn't die after her freak accident, I felt the name was fitting.

Attachments

• PhotoCollage_20220405_143353626.jpg
    PhotoCollage_20220405_143353626.jpg
    348.1 KB · Views: 33
  • 20221215_133659.jpg
    20221215_133659.jpg
    331.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 20221215_133720.jpg
    20221215_133720.jpg
    546.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 20230322_130942.jpg
    20230322_130942.jpg
    232.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 20230206_133848.jpg
    20230206_133848.jpg
    563.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 20230407_073416.jpg
    20230407_073416.jpg
    342.4 KB · Views: 9
I absolutely love the names of your babies! We had a Nugget but because of where we lived at the time we couldn’t keep him since it was illegal and the neighbors would have tattled on us!

We moved 6 months later and our new neighbors love we have chickens! We are hoping we get one roo to keep from some eggs I am incubating and we hope to come up with just as many adorable names as your beautiful flock of babies!

Back
Top Bottom