Howdy Fell inlove in GA

ChickAdee317

Chirping
5 Years
Jun 27, 2014
Thomson GA
I'm still new got my first can of Pringles in February and went from 6 to 25 and 3 ducklings. Tried going to my first chicken swap to get rid of six. Came back home with those plus 10 baby ducklings, 1 polish rooster (cant find him) 3 turken (show girl, something else and a bow tie something) AND a rabbit!

But I love love love my chicken. Frizzle, silkies brahma are my babies but the rhode Island reds have warmed my heart.

still learning but love them so much I want to breed.

Show girls are a variety of silkie and come from silkie x turken cross, thereafter you just need to breed them silkie etc to keep it up. There are showgirls with completely naked necks and those with a tuft of feathers at the midpoint called "bow ties," they have mostly silkie traits and usually are good broodies like them.

welcome to the flock

Alright
welcome-byc.gif

BYC has a very useful learning center
caf.gif

Oh ya then your fun really starts ........

Yep a chicken here then another and another pretty soon an incubator then another and a few broody hens then more coops and soon you are addicted to the whole poultry seen but that is what BYC is here for and there is a Buy-Sell-Trade Trend just for such problems ........

Enjoy your stay as you sound as if you will be here for awhile ....
lau.gif

gander007
old.gif

images

Welcome to BYC!

Sounds like you are thoroughly addicted to poultry!! This is the place to be when you own them.

Great to have you aboard and welcome to our flock!

Back
Top Bottom