Howdy from Texas

JBC RANCH

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 10, 2010
Howdy all!! My wife and I are new to the forum and we must say this site is very informative and helpful. Just wish we had found it sooner. We have started our flock with 15 BO, 17 BR, 14 RIR, and 7 EE chicks. The BO are 13 wks, the BR and RIR are 10 wks, and the EE are 5 wks. We keep the EE's in an A-frame tractor and the rest run together. I got tried of waiting for the pullets to start laying and added 4 18 wk old RIR and 4 Sex-Links. The sexlinks had already started to lay but have not layed since the move. I have changed there feed to Flock rasier and free choice oyster shell. After some serious pecking order fights things have calmed down. But still no eggs. Our coop is 26X12 and they are turned out free range in a fenced in area 60X120. We are planning adding more coops to seperate by breed. But that will be awhile since I just had surgery on my neck, which will keep me on the side line for several months. Anyway Howdy to all and thanks for the great info and wonderful people on this forum. James and Brenda Cardwell

Welcome !

Nice varity of birds that you have there, and it sounds like it will not be long until you will have eggs everywhere!! In the meanwhile, take care of that neck and enjoy your new favorite website.

welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom