Howdy from Virginia

KiminVA

In the Brooder
10 Years
Apr 8, 2009
Bedford County
Been lightly lurking here for a few months and decided to stop lurking---since I'm big on encouraging lurkers to participate in a coupon forum I'm on.
big_smile.png

I'm gonna read around all those suggested newbie reading stuff but wanted to make my first post. Decided the listed questions were a good start.

1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Yes and no. We had chickens off and on when I was growing up. DH and I got our first chickens last summer. So we are still in the learning /deciding process.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
I thinks it's 18, maybe 19

(3) What breeds do you have?
RIR, Barred Rock, 1 Buff Orpington, 1 Cochin, Some "mutts" and a Rooster named Rueben who likes to come in the house.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
Google

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Can I say being a bit past middle aged? That's a lot of work ya know. Takes time. "Now what was I doing and where did I sit my coffee."
big_smile.png

I also like to cook, scrapbook, primitive decorating, strategic couponer, tending my critters, and active in my church.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
Christian family (DH, DS (23) and me) with 3 JRT, 1 cat, my chickens and newly aquired myotonic goat named Lilly. We get Zek in about a month. We're gonna breed them. Country girl all my life.

Thanks for this forum.

Back
Top Bottom