Howdy! New Chicken Mom Here

Now that you mentioned it, it looks like you have both! The red with white undercoats and white tail tips are cinnamon queens, and the red with black tail tips and no white feathers at all are Rhode Island Reds. Well, that gives you even more variety than before, and all of the above are great breeds, both in egg production and friendly temperaments. Yes, when you get time, post pics of the others!
So cool! The Red Sex Links were the darker red’s according to the feed store lol the numbered boys and girls were the labeled Wyandottes, the bottom left pic is me trying to get all of them together. I will need to tag the red and black sex links bc they are getting impossible to tell apart 🙈
A6D20479-E257-43E0-9714-A3A7E976218D.jpeg

#1 and #2 are Easter Egger pullets; #3 is an EE cockerel. #4 and #5 are the right color for black-sex links, but they have a pea comb and so are probably smooth-faced EEs.

If the "Rhode Island Reds" were sold as red sexlinks, then maybe they are. If so, they are a cross between Rhode Island roosters and Delaware hens. In that cross, the pullets will look like their rir rooster dad, and the pullets will be lighter-colored like their Delaware mom.
Here is one of my red sexlinks from the above cross. Most would think she's a Rhode Island Red, but she's a red sexlink.
20230516_161244.jpg

If you want help to identify all your breeds, make a thread and post pictures in this forum below, and experts there will be glad to help.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/what-breed-or-gender-is-this.15/

#1 and #2 are Easter Egger pullets; #3 is an EE cockerel. #4 and #5 are the right color for black-sex links, but they have a pea comb and so are probably smooth-faced EEs.

If the "Rhode Island Reds" were sold as red sexlinks, then maybe they are. If so, they are a cross between Rhode Island roosters and Delaware hens. In that cross, the pullets will look like their rir rooster dad, and the pullets will be lighter-colored like their Delaware mom.
Here is one of my red sexlinks from the above cross. Most would think she's a Rhode Island Red, but she's a red sexlink.
View attachment 3529510

If you want help to identify all your breeds, make a thread and post pictures in this forum below, and experts there will be glad to help.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/what-breed-or-gender-is-this.15/
Thank you for identifying my “Wyandottes” 🤪 I thought red sex links were just crosses with RIR’s so it makes sense why they would all look similar. Thank you for the info, I really do appreciate it! It was a very big surprise knowing I have even more breeds than I thought. I’m just praying for good layers, they’ve been the best little chickies 🥰 I don’t intend to breed but I may need to consider it down the road for those EE’s. There’s a lot of demand for those around my area. They’d sure make some pretty babies!

Thank you for identifying my “Wyandottes” 🤪 I thought red sex links were just crosses with RIR’s so it makes sense why they would all look similar. Thank you for the info, I really do appreciate it! It was a very big surprise knowing I have even more breeds than I thought. I’m just praying for good layers, they’ve been the best little chickies 🥰 I don’t intend to breed but I may need to consider it down the road for those EE’s. There’s a lot of demand for those around my area. They’d sure make some pretty babies!
All the breeds you have should be great layers, and think you will love gathering the blue and green eggs from your Easter Eggers along with the brown eggs of your other breeds. :)

Back
Top Bottom