HOWDY to all my fellow Texans!

LonestarChick

Hatching
12 Years
Mar 5, 2007
Dublin, Texas
I would like to wave a BIG "hello" to all my fellow Texans out there in BYC. I am brand new to BYC and still learning how to correctly post what/where.
big_smile.png
I would love to hear from any other chicken lovers in Texas ~ I am a proud momma to 26 baby chicks who are now 6 days old! As soon as I figure out how to post pics, I would love to share with all of you!
Have a terrific day!
smile.png

Howdy Lonestarchick:

Birdhill checking in with you, South East Texas, Lake Livingston, piney wood country and chicken heaven.

bmarshall61

Howdy back at 'ya SE Texas - - - has your weather been as "dreamy" as mine lately? Highs in the 70's, lows in the upper 50's? If only it stayed like this! lol
wink.png
Thanks for stopping in and saying "hi"! Nice to meet you ~

No, we had a light freeze night before last and I am wondering if it got all my fruit. My pear, peach, mayhaw and plum trees were blooming so we will see. The Loquates had already set fruit so I think they are okay. I also lost my tomatoe plants but that is my fault, I jump the gun. The weather has been great, other than the freeze. I just finished my remodeled chick house with a 35' X 84' chicken yard. I have some big trees in the yard so I may have to go hawk hunting if that becomes a problem. I will post some pictures also when I get some camera batteries, my wife forgets when she goes shopping and I don't shop.

I have 43 babies in the brooder, they are almost 3 weeks old, Buff Orphans, Silver Lace Wyandottes, Black Astralorps, Red Sex Links. I get another 40 babies on 4/4/07 from Xtreme Game Bird & Poultry in Elgin.

Welcome to the forum.
bmarshall

howdy I'm in Spring Branch the 1 by San Antonio Texas has 2-lol
I started with 25 now incubated 31 and got 29 more chicks at Christmas
glad to meet ya and welcome I just got here 2 days ago

Hi,
I'm in the 'burbs of Austin. I have 3 peeps that are about 5-6 weeks old (we had 4). Spring break starts on Saturday and its coop building time. Sunday Boggy Creek Farms is having a chicken seminar and I'm going with my nine-year-old son. He's the cheif chick wrangler. I love Texas this time of year and I always jump the gun with my tomato plants.

Karen

Hi! In NE Texas here. Don't have any peeps yet. Have drawn the plans for my coop. Will start laying out the foundation tomorrow AM. Weather the past few days has really been nice here, but the bois d'arc tree hasn't even started to bud so I think we'll have at least one more freeze. Will try to post pics of the coop after I get it done.
smile.png

So GREAT to hear from all of you and I am thrilled to find so many fellow Texans at BYC. YEAH!
big_smile.png
Thanks Allen for the link, will check into that, asap.
I am loving this Spring weather here - - - today a high of 76, no wind and simply gorgeous. My chicks aren't quite old enough to go outside and play yet; they are only 7 days old. They are safely brooding in my extra bedroom, where I can closely monitor their progress, heat, water, and food. I loved reading about everyones chick families.......keep the stories coming! Thanks for sharing. I look forward to getting to know each of you! Have a terrific day!

Hello all, I'm new to raising chickens and just recieved my 20 chicks in the mail today! Im located northwest of Dallas in a little town called Argyle. Anyone interested in some free white leghorn chicks let me know!

Back
Top Bottom