HOWDY to all my fellow Texans!

Welcome TxFarmFun !

I spent some time in Argyle at a horse farm when I was going to North Texas. I bet it has changed a lot since then.

Howdy from Temple. We have 14 chicks (7 Black Australorps and 7 Buff Orpingtons) that are almost two weeks old. My kids are having a blast talking to them and petting them. Little buggers sure eat a lot! Um, both the kids and the chickens LOL! The coop is finished and I'm waiting for warm weather and feathers.

Quote:
Thanks for the welcome. Troy is just up the road maybe 15 miles.
cool.png

I'm a displaced Texan. Born and raised in Lewisville TX, not far from Argyle. I went to North Texas too.

Hello I'm in Dallas proper and really want to have chickens. I'm going to go to Ideal and get some peeps this week but I need to know what to do with the extra birds I have to get. Does anyone know where I can get the chickens butchered near Dallas? Thanks!

slystr,
Welcome to the wonderful world of chickens. I lived in Dallas most of my life, but didn't have chickens. Wes is in Midlothian and may know a place to get them slaughtered. What part of Dallas are you in ?

Oh Wes ! Where are you ?

Hello greeting from Leander, it's about 35 miles from Austin, we have several chickens in the past but raccoon and neighbor's dog got them December last year. I was sad and mad, I had them for 6 years then one night they all gone.
I got to start from beginning again, now I got 43 baby chicks from Ideal Hatchery, they were mix breed, I had some heavy such as buff orpington (they are my favorite), black australorp (loved them), New Hampshire, RIR, BR, wyandottes, 5 different color of cochin and brahma, 4 different crested, golden phoenix and cubalaya; ameracuana and salmon faverolle and got 10 silkies from the guy who had chicken farm in Blanco.
I put them in my shop so I can watch them when I am bored with my work.
anyway, that's all from us

cheers

Back
Top Bottom