Howdy, y'all

G’Day from down under harpviolin
frow.gif
Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends
wink.png

Thanks for the welcome!!!! Of all the places on earth I have wanted to travel to, Australia is THE PLACE. I LOVE COCKATOOS and searched many years to find a pair of Major Mitchells. I have had them for 5 years now and have never given them a nestbox because the male Major Mitchell is known as the "wife beater" of the cockatoos. I am retiring at the end of August 2017 and then I will set them up with a nestbox. I'll be able to monitor them everyday so he won't kill the hen. Major Mitchells are extremely expensive here in the USA. Normally, the males sells for $4,000.00 and the female is around $6,000.00.

I think Australia has the most beautiful birds in the world!!!!! I love all of the cockatoos (except the Slender Bill), all of the Rosellas, and the Lories and Lorikeets.

You are so lucky to be an Australian. I envy you soooooooooooooooo much!!!!!!!!!!

Roy

Hey Roy

Tee hee .. We have a large flock of Corella’s that fly over every morning and afternoon … at 04:45AM this morning I would have happily boxed them up and sent them to you
wink.png

We can buy Major Mitchell’s here for $300 to $400 but need to be licensed to keep them. I believe that is the case with most of our native birds.

Some of my frequent visitors:

Hey Roy Tee hee .. We have a large flock of Corella’s that fly over every morning and afternoon … at 04:45AM this morning I would have happily boxed them up and sent them to you ;) We can buy Major Mitchell’s here for $300 to $400 but need to be licensed to keep them. I believe that is the case with most of our native birds. Some of my frequent visitors:
:love Beautiful pictures!

Back
Top Bottom