Huge Homemade incubator

Ryan Wiemken

In the Brooder
Nov 15, 2017
I recently bought this huge homemade incubator that holds over 700 chicken eggs or 3400 quail eggs. Thought I'd share this incubator with everyone if you want ideas.

Link to a video about the incubator

Attachments

• Incubator.jpg
    Incubator.jpg
    328.6 KB · Views: 85
  • Big Incubator 1.jpg
    Big Incubator 1.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 57
  • Big Incubator 2.jpg
    Big Incubator 2.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 55
  • Big Incubator 3.jpg
    Big Incubator 3.jpg
    478.7 KB · Views: 62
Have you used it yet?
Curious how it works out with air circulation and even heat throughout.
Have not tested thoroughly yet, but it only takes about 2-3 hours to heat completely; that is not bad considering the size of the incubator and how small the heater is. Air does circulate well. If you watch the video, I show both fans, the second fan is shown at 2 minutes 10 seconds. One fan pushes air in and the other circulates it down and convection brings it back up. Really is nice, I might make another video describing dimensions and parts in it if someone wanted to build one.

I'm not new to building incubators.
Need to get working on one soon out of a small stand up Pepsi cooler I picked up.
Hoping sometime to then turn it into a hatcher and make one a little bigger then yours or thinking about a walk in one.
When they get that size or really half that size circulation has been a pain for me to keep even throughout.
I've been over thinking it all I'm sure but hoping to get it right so don't have to do too much modifying after its together.
Interesting thread I've been trying to find any and all info on homemade big incubators but not a lot out there.
Curious how yours works. I've had trouble with the top to bottom with the racks and eggs in it. Really curious if your stacked trays work.

I'm not new to building incubators.
Need to get working on one soon out of a small stand up Pepsi cooler I picked up.
Hoping sometime to then turn it into a hatcher and make one a little bigger then yours or thinking about a walk in one.
When they get that size or really half that size circulation has been a pain for me to keep even throughout.
I've been over thinking it all I'm sure but hoping to get it right so don't have to do too much modifying after its together.
Interesting thread I've been trying to find any and all info on homemade big incubators but not a lot out there.
Curious how yours works. I've had trouble with the top to bottom with the racks and eggs in it. Really curious if your stacked trays work.
Have not put eggs in it myself yet. Previous owner got over 80% hatch with trays stacked 3 or 4 high.

Back
Top Bottom