Humidity affect on quail eggs.

Apr 9, 2023
Texas
My Coop
My Coop
Hello! So to start off I have 12 quail eggs in my incubator (gambels quail eggs). I am getting 30 more this week. I had ordered the 30 eggs to arrive the same week as the 12 eggs but the seller shipped the 12 eggs a week earlier than the 30 other eggs. This meaning they will hatch a week sooner. I only have 1 incubator. I will keep the egg turner on while they are hatching because I have read it won't affect them very much. My question was if I upped the humidity to 55% for lockdown for the first 12 eggs would it affect the other 30 eggs? If so what can I do? Any help will be appreciated.

It's not going to have that great of affect on the 2nd batch of eggs. If you lower the humidity back down after the 1st batch hatches, it shouldn't pose a problem.

Split hatches are hard. I don’t do them anymore because the risk to the second set of eggs really messes them up. You be better off holding the second eggs and rotating them. Or I have actually refrigerated them. And don’t keep the turner on. Chicks have a hard time getting into position to hatch.

Split hatches are hard. I don’t do them anymore because the risk to the second set of eggs really messes them up. You be better off holding the second eggs and rotating them. Or I have actually refrigerated them. And don’t keep the turner on. Chicks have a hard time getting into position to hatch.
What do you mean by holding the eggs?thank you for your help.

What do you mean by holding the eggs?thank you for your help.
I also have a 3rd batch of eggs coming in because I had problems with eggs breaking in shipping with the second batch ( I reported the broken eggs and instead of being able to send them later on like in late may they had to send them next week so I'm kind of all over the place right now). I would appreciate your help very much. This is my first split hatch and I'm constantly worried about what could happen.

Depending how important they are you could buy a cheap incubator and turn them yourself. When the first batch hatches move the second batch to the incubator and so on

Do you think an alternative i could do is not turn those eggs for however many days? Or will it be to harmful? What I could do since I have a nurture right is only turn the eggs 3 times a day instead if every hour, since there is the button on the outside to manually do it. Do you think that would be a good idea? It doesn't help this is my first time using this incubator either.

Back
Top Bottom