Humidity during hatching

Jessicasyring3

In the Brooder
Aug 6, 2022
Hello! I currently have eggs hatching in the incubator. During lockdown, I had my humidity controlled at around 65-70% and stable. Now that the chicks are hatching, there is so much moisture in there and it’s reading around 80%. What should I do and should I be concerned?

Hello! I currently have eggs hatching in the incubator. During lockdown, I had my humidity controlled at around 65-70% and stable. Now that the chicks are hatching, there is so much moisture in there and it’s reading around 80%. What should I do and should I be concerned?
I wouldnt be concerned once the chick dries the humidity will go back down.
During hatching day mine goes from 65 to 80.

As more chicks hatch, the humidity increases. I’m assuming it’s from the moisture coming from the hatching chicks.

That is normal. I've had my humidity hit 90% when a lot hatched at the same time. It did not affect the hatch. I know it can be a worrying time but this is not something I worry about. And congratulations on the hatch.

Back
Top Bottom