humidity question for lockdown

I am at day 17. This is my first time and was wondering what humidity level do I bring my incubator up to on day 18 and what do I need to keep at?
I shoot for 75%. Generally anything between 65-75% is good. If you plan to open for any reason I'd shoot for the higher end. If you are going to be strict hands off, you can get away with the lower end.

Last edited:
What is the best way to get the humidity up? I was at 58% when I left this morning. I have the sponges in the cups and I added another sponge this morning, but it doesn't want to get any higher.

What is the best way to get the humidity up? I was at 58% when I left this morning. I have the sponges in the cups and I added another sponge this morning, but it doesn't want to get any higher.
Has your hygrometer ever been checked for accuracy? Is it dry there in your area?? If you have your wells filled and extra cups with sponges in it, I would question the accuracy of the hygrometer. Unless you are in a dry/arid climate, that should be enough to up the humidity past 70%.

Has your hygrometer ever been checked for accuracy? Is it dry there in your area??  If you have your wells filled and extra cups with sponges in it, I would question the accuracy of the hygrometer. Unless you are in a dry/arid climate, that should be enough to up the humidity past 70%.
Yes, this! My brand new hygrometer came in the mail yesterday. I did the salt test, to check for accuracy and it was off by 7%! http://m.wikihow.com/Test-a-Hygrometer
The test was very simple. The link above is what I followed.

Yes, this! My brand new hygrometer came in the mail yesterday. I did the salt test, to check for accuracy and it was off by 7%! http://m.wikihow.com/Test-a-Hygrometer
The test was very simple. The link above is what I followed.
I used a brand new thermometer my first hatch and never checked it because I thought "hey, it's brand new". Compromised my first hatch
sad.png
it was 6 degrees off!!! Now I don't trust anything unless I can confirm accuracy to some degree.

Back
Top Bottom