Humidity question

jasonvanorder

Songster
6 Years
Feb 21, 2017
West Michigan
Hey everyone. Got a quick question. I have some duck eggs in the incubator (NR360) that went into lockdown yesterday. I opened the vent as far as it will go but once I opened and filled the B port with water the humidity spiked to 78. Ideally I’m shooting for about 65% but even after pulling most of the water out of the B port and blocking back off I can’t get the humidity under 70 unless I keep a q tip under the cover keeping it cracked open just a tiny bit. Temp is holding but that’s the only way I can keep humidity down. Will that be ok?

Hey everyone. Got a quick question. I have some duck eggs in the incubator (NR360) that went into lockdown yesterday. I opened the vent as far as it will go but once I opened and filled the B port with water the humidity spiked to 78. Ideally I’m shooting for about 65% but even after pulling most of the water out of the B port and blocking back off I can’t get the humidity under 70 unless I keep a q tip under the cover keeping it cracked open just a tiny bit. Temp is holding but that’s the only way I can keep humidity down. Will that be ok?
Did you calibrate a hygrometer that is separate and sits inside ?
Often the bators are incorrect
I ran mine a bit higher at 70 to my usual 65 this time and 9 of 10 hatched No issues with sticky babies.

Did you calibrate a hygrometer that is separate and sits inside ?
Often the bators are incorrect
I ran mine a bit higher at 70 to my usual 65 this time and 9 of 10 hatched No issues with sticky babies.
Yes. And so far it’s been reading within 1% so nothing to be too concerned over. I was able to take a small piece of duct tape and fold it in half just to keep it from sealing tight and so far it’s been holding right at 67%. Temp has remained the same. I feel more comfortable now. Last spring I lost a few because humidity was way too high. So trying to avoid that

I have to prop mine to keep humidity from spiking to high… I use a paper clip wedged under the lid.

interesting .. its a wonder ducks survive at all in florida where ambient humidity is normally about 80-90% lol ... it does affect temp and how even that stays in an incubator though ..

Back
Top Bottom