Humidity too high!!!

KKVDK

Songster
5 Years
Feb 24, 2018
Hi everyone I just got into lockdown and my humidity is at 84%!!! What can I do to lessen the humidity so my chicks don’t drown inside the eggs???

I had perfect humidity and temperature using a logging app to check, I candled the eggs and weighed one in water and it was just the right position in the water. Then I checked my logger today and the humidity had suddenly gone up to 82%, no idea why. I’ve ventilated the room and dabbed up the water and the humidity is going back down but will that time period when it was 82% cause all the eggs a lot of damage??this is my first time incubating and it’s just a small incubator in a warm ish room.Any advice appreciated. it’s down to 70 now.

I don't put my eggs in lockdown if they don't look like this. if not really dipped wait a day to lock down.

19.PNG

Egg should have this much dip in the air cell. If it is more than that the chick can drown in the shell, they are not ready to lock down yet. When eggs hatch the humidity can get quite high 72-75% or so, but it ususally for a short period of time.

Back
Top Bottom