Humidity vs location!

Brytsss

Chirping
May 29, 2015
Oregon
Can you all tell me what your most successful humidity has been including what you have it at for lockdown, and where your located and what your climate is?

We are near the Oregon coast in an old farm house without AC and it can get very muggy! I have had mixed information on dry hatches vs wet hatches. I upped the humidity on my last hatch and the chicks seemed to struggle with hatching?

Can you all tell me what your most successful humidity has been including what you have it at for lockdown, and where your located and what your climate is?

We are near the Oregon coast in an old farm house without AC and it can get very muggy! I have had mixed information on dry hatches vs wet hatches. I upped the humidity on my last hatch and the chicks seemed to struggle with hatching?
I'm in NY- upstate I run a low humidity incubation 30-35 % for the first 17 days and check my air cells to confirm that my humidity is adequate. At lockdown I use 75%+ BUT...here's the biggest thing you need to take into consideration at lockdown-I am a meddler. I open my bator during hatch time. I remove chicks and shells and aid if I need to. My rates from lockdown for my last two hatches were 92% and 100%. (Late fall with dryer environment and this past month with average outdoor humidity 50-80%)

When you say "chicks seemed to struggle with hatching", how do you mean??

(Myentire method for humidity is explained in the first llink under my siggy.)

Back
Top Bottom