Humidity

Humidity in your incubator can be affected by your ambient humidity so I'd just set it up and see what your hygrometer (important piece of equipment when incubating) says. It's the surface area of the water that affects humidity - the more water exposed to air the higher your humidity will be.

This is an old thread, but I thought that I would take my chances any how; I recently purchased the Janoel12 incubator about a week ago and have had it running pretty much since I got it. I plan to use it to incubate guinea eggs, but so far, I've not really noticed the automatic turner moving and I can't seem to keep the humidity above 48%. I know that the instructions state to not add anymore than 100ml of water at a time. When I did that, the digital thermometer/hygrometer didn't register humidity above 25%, so I just poured a bunch of water into the bottom and it's still not where it needs to be at for guinea eggs. I don't have the incubator near a window or a drafty area. I've read about the sponge technique, but I'm just not convinced that it will work seeing as how the two cups of water I poured into the bottom of the incubator didn't seem to raise the humidity anything more than 48%. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks,
Joel

This is an old thread, but I thought that I would take my chances any how; I recently purchased the Janoel12 incubator about a week ago and have had it running pretty much since I got it. I plan to use it to incubate guinea eggs, but so far, I've not really noticed the automatic turner moving and I can't seem to keep the humidity above 48%. I know that the instructions state to not add anymore than 100ml of water at a time. When I did that, the digital thermometer/hygrometer didn't register humidity above 25%, so I just poured a bunch of water into the bottom and it's still not where it needs to be at for guinea eggs. I don't have the incubator near a window or a drafty area. I've read about the sponge technique, but I'm just not convinced that it will work seeing as how the two cups of water I poured into the bottom of the incubator didn't seem to raise the humidity anything more than 48%. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks,
Joel
Hi add half cup of water to get 70% humidity and I recommend you get a meade thermometer and hygrometer for the egg turner have you turned on the turner and if you have it’s moving so slow that you can’t see it same thing happened to me when I first got my janoel12

Back
Top Bottom