hunting

Congratulations to all who took a deer so far.

I hunted all week last week and didn't see anything I could shoot.

My dad got a nice 8pt

Saturday morning I shot at an 8pt too, but missed. I found out why when I shot a huge doe yesterday.. my sites are off. They must have been bumped or something cause I was sighted in before season started. Oh well.. She was a nice fat one.

2010doedeltame.jpg

Speaking of Squirrels....

When I lived in Colorado, we had a squirrel that stayed around the house just to "tease" my Boston-Terrier dog.
One day the squirrel ran up a fox-tail Pine tree in my yard and the dog followed..right up the tree!

The dog went up about 25 feet with the squirrel continually going higher (and teasing).

I finally had to send my son up the tree to retrieve the dog. (He could climb up...but couldn't get down!)

Darned Squirrel !!!

Ha-Ha !!!
-Junkmanme-
old.gif

If I can't get a deer I might as well practice my taxidermy on squirrels
roll.png

Had one crawl down the tree I have my stand in. Also my dad (down the fencerow) said he seen one with a blonde spot on his/her head but couldn't see the rest of it's body. Might be an interesting one to get.

Quote:
I had one almost swish my face with his tail as he climbed the tree I was in. He didn't know I was there at all. It's always so cool to get that close and I think the biggest part about hunting for me is having the reason to have to be out there... and I like a full freezer!

SillyChicken- Great picture! Congrats on your deer. I like your "ole" dog, too!

Well, I think I am done bow hunting for the year, but Kansas rifle season starts Wednesday. Hubby is going out Wednesday, but I have to work, so I am planning on going out Fri. and Sat. Time to put some good venison in the freezer. My oldest son is going to go with me this weekend. He is the only one of the kids that never showed an interest in hunting. I am so happy he has finally become interested. He eats a lot of venison, so I told him if I was going to keep sending roasts back to college with him, he was going to have to help put some in the freezer. Guess it worked.

My real hobbies are hunting and fishing, this season I killed a doe with both my ML and my bow. If I can get my son on a deer, our freezer will be full and my season fairly complete. I have let quite a few bucks walk and have no problem eating tag soup.

DSC08755.jpg

DSC08793.jpg

My best deer hunting memories are getting my son his first kill.

Gage at 8 y/o
DSC01377-1.jpg

Gage at 9 y/o
DSC08177.jpg

This year is going very well so far.
smile.png

2 deer, 4 rabbits and 3 squirrels in the freezer

The rabbit and squirrel numbers are definately going to higher by the end of the season. I might break my personal best of 16 rabbits from just my little 2.5 acres, there is so many tracks around it is insane.

I even have some pheasants hanging around but they are just too pretty, they are not causing any problems and there just is not that many around to justify shooting one.

What is in everyones freezer so far?

Back
Top Bottom