Hurt Chicken

Does anyone think I can put her back with the chickens now? She walks with a limp but it's not as bad and I'm worried that she doesn't like being in the dark basement all the time, even though I do let her outside about 2x a week. She has lost a lot of weight too. :(
I think that if all her flesh wounds are healed and it seems she is mobile and stable, it should be just fine.

So I'm going to try to put her back in but just wanted to quickly ask if there is a certain way I should do it like... at night? in the morning? or should I put her in a cage in the pen first?
I'd just experiment. Try in the morning, if that goes well, good! If not, try any of the other methods you previously mentioned.

So I'm going to try to put her back in but just wanted to quickly ask if there is a certain way I should do it like... at night? in the morning? or should I put her in a cage in the pen first?
Never put a chicken back in with others after a long absence overnight or in the morning and leave. They can be attacked and pecked to death. Slowly reintroduce in a wire dog crate or with a fence between them for say a week, and then when they are having some free range time together, be present. I hope that it goes well.

Back
Top Bottom