Hybrid Crosses that use a Welsummer Rooster?

This is the opposite cross. CLB roo over Wely hens. They are very uniform. I believe (correct me if someone knows) the crele gene comes from the male. So I imagine they will look similar minus the barring. I have some hatching in 3 weeks so can update when I know!

Attachments

• 20230618_154407.jpg
    20230618_154407.jpg
    778.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 20230618_154038.jpg
    20230618_154038.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 3
This is the opposite cross. CLB roo over Wely hens. They are very uniform. I believe (correct me if someone knows) the crele gene comes from the male. So I imagine they will look similar minus the barring. I have some hatching in 3 weeks so can update when I know!
In the cross you show, yes the barring gene is coming from the father, so all the chicks inherit it. (Barring gene is what makes them Crele, instead of just being colored like Welsummers.)

For the opposite cross, with Welsummer rooster and Crested Cream Legbar hens, the sons will have white barring (crele), while the daughters will not have white barring (so yes, the daughters will be similar to that photo but without the barring. That also means they will look similar to Welsummer hens, or similar to Cream Legbar without the barring.)

Back
Top Bottom