Hybrid Duck Gestation

mc79

Songster
Jul 29, 2016
Clarksville, TN
I have some eggs in the incubator that are coming up on hatch day. These babies will be hybrids (mother is a khaki campbell and father is a muscovy). So the gestation period of ducks is 28 days, except muscovies which is 35 days. I'm curious, since these are mixed with both, will they be 28 eggs or 35 day eggs? Somewhere in between maybe? Just wondering so I know what to do with my incubator. If these babies hatch on day 28, then lockdown begins tomorrow. If they're 35 day eggs, then lockdown isn't just yet. What should I do?

I have some eggs in the incubator that are coming up on hatch day. These babies will be hybrids (mother is a khaki campbell and father is a muscovy). So the gestation period of ducks is 28 days, except muscovies which is 35 days. I'm curious, since these are mixed with both, will they be 28 eggs or 35 day eggs? Somewhere in between maybe? Just wondering so I know what to do with my incubator. If these babies hatch on day 28, then lockdown begins tomorrow. If they're 35 day eggs, then lockdown isn't just yet. What should I do?
It should be about 32 days, per this thread. Best of luck with your hatch!

Back
Top Bottom