I’m case you didn’t know...

Kzdnae

Chirping
Jun 6, 2018
I am pretty new to chickens, so everything I do is new for me. But today I tried something and my chickens LOVE it!!

I make Keifer everyday and have recently ended up with a surplus. So I mixed it into my chickens feed (because I heard you could feed them yogurt).. and they are going crazy for it! It’s a pretty warm day so the girls and I are just under the porch in the cool and this cool treat won me some bonus loves

OK, i admit it i did not know what keifer was and had to google it... sounds like it would be benificial for them.
I do a clean out the pantry party for the chickens and they love it.
Outdated crackers
Old ramon noodles (cooked)
Past dated can fruit and vegies
Stale cereal
Hard raisins (soaked)
Old rice (cooked)
Some of this might not be as nutritionaly good for them, but boy do they love it, and its better than throwing it in the garbage.

I’m assuming your doing kefir milk? That process removes lactose and any sugar it’s rich in probiotics .

I’ve fed my hens the grains when I have too many , looks like cottage cheese.

Just don’t feed them water kefir , I make that too and it has a we bit of alcohol in it

I’m assuming your doing kefir milk? That process removes lactose and any sugar it’s rich in probiotics .

I’ve fed my hens the grains when I have too many , looks like cottage cheese.

Just don’t feed them water kefir , I make that too and it has a we bit of alcohol in it
Yes I feed my keifer every morning and sometimes I just have more than I’ll use so I’ve been pouring it on their feed. They also get a mix of dry grains and fermented grains.

Back
Top Bottom