I 💛 Silkies.. But Bless Their Hearts They’re Not Too Bright- Wrong End Pip Help

Oh, but look at the last hatch I did
Look at that big baby!! Oh my goodness!!!

I had a total of 3 hatch. One silkie, and two… I have no clue. All small eggs. The other two were a small medium brown(I swear it looks like a black copper maran lol but it’s def not) and a small cream(barely darker than the silkie egg and hatched out a tiny yellow and brown baby) IMG_3651.jpeg IMG_3455.jpeg

This is not how it works. The sex is determined at the time the egg is fertilized. If it is a male, it was a male from the start.

Pullets cannot turn into cockerels but people can misidentify the sex before "puberty".
2x. Chickens will have one gender their whole life (with the exception of extremely rare gynandromorphs). If they have a hormone malfunction, they might start having the behavior and appearance of the opposite gender, but they will still stay as the original gender they were developed with inside of the egg.

Hah, I did about 18 l-20 hrs of adhd hyper focused research reading through studies, and you’re 100% right. Frogs and amphibians are one thing, but the situations in which a chick just ‘changes genders’? Nah. And of the recorded studies of this ‘phenomenon’ were chicks with hermaphroditism , not just a spontaneous biological change. In my defense, I was probably 8-10 oz of 100 proof vodka in when I posted this. Doesn’t excuse the silliness, but explains it a bit 🤭🤭 whoopsie

Back
Top Bottom