I AM 2 MONTHS OLD. WHAT BREED AM I?

Rose_adamaj

Songster
Apr 6, 2023
Texas
Gene is my free chick from Murray McMurray hatchery. He is two months old. Hatch date 10/16/23 He is noticeably larger than the RIRs I ordered.

Attachments

• IMG_5492.jpeg
    IMG_5492.jpeg
    441.5 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_5489.jpeg
    IMG_5489.jpeg
    388.6 KB · Views: 52
Looks like an Easter Egger cockerel. The Green slate leg was the clue.
I went to Murray McMurray website. They say that their EE (Ameraucana) have muffs. Is that something that will develop as he grows? I have not had EE before, I’m just trying to learn.

I went to Murray McMurray website. They say that their EE (Ameraucana) have muffs. Is that something that will develop as he grows? I have not had EE before, I’m just trying to learn.
EE are a crossbreed so it may or may not develop a muff. Usually you can see the muffs pretty early on so it’s my guess that he won’t have a muff. He’s a super pretty bird.

Easter Egger cockerel.

Chickens with muffs and/or a beard will hatch out having muffs and/or a beard. It's something they develop while in their egg. Easter Eggers are mixed breeds and have no recognized colors or appearance overall, so they can either have muffs and a beard or none at all. Most Easter Eggers you see will have muffs and a beard.

Easter Egger cockerel.

Chickens with muffs and/or a beard will hatch out having muffs and/or a beard. It's something they develop while in their egg. Easter Eggers are mixed breeds and have no recognized colors or appearance overall, so they can either have muffs and a beard or none at all. Most Easter Eggers you see will have muffs and a beard.
Here is my Blue Easter Egger Bantam pullet, April, only a few hours old. She shows the prominent muffs and beard that they hatch out with (if they do receive the genetics for having muffs and a beard).
Screenshot_20230407-120807_Video Player.jpg

It's a little hard to see, but hopefully you can tell the muffs and the beard apart from her other downy feathers.

This is her months later.
20230930_122208.jpg

EE are a crossbreed so it may or may not develop a muff. Usually you can see the muffs pretty early on so it’s my guess that he won’t have a muff. He’s a super pretty bird.
Thank you! I think he’s pretty too. I am going to keep him, I have the room and I like him…
Easter Egger cockerel.

Thank you !

Here is my Blue Easter Egger Bantam pullet, April, only a few hours old. She shows the prominent muffs and beard that they hatch out with (if they do receive the genetics for having muffs and a beard).
View attachment 3708440

It's a little hard to see, but hopefully you can tell the muffs and the beard apart from her other downy feathers.

This is her months later.
View attachment 3708443
Yes, I can see the muffs & beard! That’s amazing to see on a hatchling (?) Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom