I am another new chicken beak

taffee50

Chirping
Apr 3, 2015
Ione Ca
My fiance and I have just bought three chickens two Black Copper Marans and a very cuddly Silkie. She has laid two eggs. The Marans have not done anything. We just got them 2 days ago are they too stressed to lay yet?

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! X2, do you know how old they are? They don't all start laying at the same age, and the stress of moving to a new home will often stop them from laying for a period of time.

I know one Maran is between pullet and adult and one is definitely an adult not sure of exact age. The lady who sold them to me had so many chickens I don't think she knew their exact ages either. Cuddles my Silkie is the leader of the threesome and has been laying an egg a day since we got her. I am worried about the Marans. I started to feed them scratch to make them happy

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

If you just bought them then yes they are probably just stressed from the move and changes. Give them time. Also make sure they have plenty of food, water and calcium available.

It has been a week. My Maran who should be laying isn't. I know she's a she. Any suggestions would be helpful to make her produce. My Silkie (my only layer) has also become bossy. When I give them scratch I have to make sure they all get some as Silkie will peck and cluck at them. Help please. BTW...I got my girls from the same flock. They grew up together

Back
Top Bottom