I am not able to figure out my cocktiels' genders

Echo3

In the Brooder
Jul 11, 2022
I have 2 cockatiels, i think they are whiteface but a mix of something else as well. The breeder says they are a male and female, i can't really tell. The male has less tail feathers is a bit smaller, the female is a bit bigger and longer tail feathers and more crest feathers. Can anyone help me out?

the one that is said to be male

Attachments

• 20221029_190642.jpg
    20221029_190642.jpg
    438.9 KB · Views: 8
Do you have full body photos showing what tail feathers the suspected male has?
They are both whiteface pearls. the first does look like it may be a young male. With pearls the males will molt out the pearling and replace them with solid grey feathers, which appears to have possibly started. the females will retain the markings for life

They are both whiteface pearls. the first does look like it may be a young male. With pearls the males will molt out the pearling and replace them with solid grey feathers, which appears to have possibly started. the females will retain the markings for life
The male has no tail feathers

Snapchat-148818629.jpg

Back
Top Bottom